[other] - video quality enhancer

Discussion in 'Improvement Suggestions' started by bmwz4y, January 19, 2012.

1. bmwz4y

bmwz4y New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Started on: 2012-1-19
    last update: never

Summary: video quality enhancer (SD to HD).

Area: new feature, Videos.

Description: For some time i have been using mediaportal and all is well but my only other video playing program that I've been using lately is dell videostage and that's because it has a feature called TrueTheater i looked for it on the web and i found that it's a CyberLink Technology it really works great for enhancing the quality and ever since i used it the first time i didn't watch any low quality video without using it (except for unsupported formats) so i thought is there a way to have something like that in mediaportal and if not the whole thing is there a way to put a script in mediaportal to call it.

if there's already such a thing i'm sorry that i didn't see it cause its not visible and if not why not?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. bighick

bighick Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    I may be wrong but video quality in media portal is 100% the codecs (or external player) you use. What codecs you using?

4. bmwz4y

bmwz4y New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    I'm not saying it's showing bad quality out of high quality videos
    all i said was that "out there there's a technology to enhance video quality and i think mediaportal should make use of it"

in other words the quality of the video will be more than the original (more than 100%)

by the way the use of 100% is wrong in this topic although i used it

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!