Video Selection From Home Screen Does Not Work (1 Viewer)

Floorhor

Portal Member
July 26, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
At first I could get to my movies when I chose 'Video' from the home screen. It listed and played my videos no problem. Now when I click on 'Video', it just stays on the home screen. System is W7 and videos are on a NAS. KODI has no problem playing my videos stored on the NAS.

This may or may not be a related issue. When I fast forward recorded tv (which are stored on the NAS), the program locks up. The time numbers at the bottom just flicker at me. I'm not sure, but this may have been happening on my movies also, I just can't remember.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Yeah, My guess is that videos plugin could be disabled somehow. You could try to open MediaPortal Configuration -> Pugins section and check if "Videos" is enable (is not grayed out)

Floorhor

Portal Member
    July 26, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Can you please post log files. Use the debug-tool with option 1 if using MP1:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

The problem could be as simple as having disabled the video plugin... or it could be more complex, and in that case I'd have no idea what is wrong without the log files.
    Step number 2 in this is wrong. The file does not exist. Good thing the window shown had 'Media Watchdog' on it and that does exist.

Anyway, you were correct, 'videos' was disabled. Don't know how since I've never seen it before.

Any thoughts on the FF problem? I'm tired of it locking up and me having to call up Task Manager to exit.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Step number 2 in this is wrong. The file does not exist.
    What is it called on your PC please?
    Note: anybody can edit the wiki, including you. We're happy to fix things if you report them... but it's probably faster and easier for you to do it. We'd appreciate your help with this. :)

Any thoughts on the FF problem? I'm tired of it locking up and me having to call up Task Manager to exit.
    No. Like I said, post log files please. Without them I can't help you with that problem.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Step number 2 in this is wrong. The file does not exist. Good thing the window shown had 'Media Watchdog' on it and that does exist.

I've fixed the Wiki page.

As mm says - we need the logs....

That said, the performance of Fast-forward/Rewind is very dependant on how the system behaves (including codecs, GPUs, network performance - if remote files - etc.).

It's much faster and more reliable to skip forward and backward using the 'skip step' facility - http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/14_Using_MediaPortal/1_Videos/1_Video_Playback and http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_.../Settings/2_GUI_Settings/7_Skip_Step_Settings

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've fixed the Wiki page.
    TNX ;) And just updated it with the 'shortcut on desktop' info.

Keep in mind we currently have an issue with Option 1 from watchdog, so might be best to manually set Log verbosity to 'Debug' in 'MP Config >> General' section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom