Video skips playing divx with AC3 sound (1 Viewer)

Ramsgaard

Portal Member
June 12, 2006
Hello Everyone.

I have a problem when playing divX movies with AC3 sound. There is no problem when playing movies with MP3 or other sound format.

The movie makes small skips. Both sound and picture make a ½-1 second fast forward. It usually happens when there is movement in picture.

If I try the movie on my other computer it works fine, so it is not bad compression of the DivX file.

My computer is a 3.0 Ghz Pentium 4 with HT - 2 GB RAM - Geforce 6600 - Soundblaster Live! Player where I use the SPDIF to my external AC3/DTS receiver.

I use Nvidia Purevideo Decoder - DivX 6.2

The sound is getting to the external receiver and plays all channels.

Anyone have any suggestions to what is causing this?

simulant

Portal Member
October 7, 2006
short sound/video skips when playin AC3 videos

Finally got AC3>SPDIF to work in media portal, and it works using any decoder (MPA, descaler, NVidia)

However, I get very short skips of both video and audio (though it's kind of hard to tell about the video) every 20 or 30 seconds when playing any AC3 video. (typically divx/xvid .avi files)

The same files play flawlessly through VLC & Media player Classic.

I've searched and searched the forums and found no solution to this particular problem.

My workaround now is to use mpc/vlc as an external player but this kind of sucks because my MCE remote doesn't work with them and it looks likes I'll have to jump through more hoops to make that happen.

Anyone else run into this? I've tweaked everything I can think of in the Media Portal config but nothing seems to help. Also tried the latest biuld (oct 7, 2006) which didnt help either.

TIA,

Simulant

stormbringer

Portal Pro
November 22, 2004
I have jumps after a while (the pop-up menu comes up and when closing it , the movie jumps forward or backward nearly up to 15min!). they come up mostly after 1 hour.
I´m using the internal player.
Maybe it is some prob with the keyboard (wireless)?
Anyone who have something like that?

The
Storm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom