Video Zoom Mode (1 Viewer)

jona78

Portal Pro
May 4, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
When I have all options unchecked and default set to stretch, please could someone tell me why MP will not stretch movies.I've checked in video settings before a play a movie and it is definitely set to stretch.However, it refuses to do so.
Many thanks in advance.

jona78

Portal Pro
May 4, 2010
Home Country
Worked a treat!!!

Thanks Ray:D

Could something similar have caused the problem I was receiving earlier, whereby sometimes my movies play fine within moving pictures but other times I have audio but with a black screen!

Could that have been something to do with the FFD Show settings? Maybe a stupid question but do I need FFD Show at all if I'm running SAF?

Many Thanks

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Black screen usually is codec related.

I use the LAV filters from Nevcariel, these are available via mpei.

Only thing that ffdshow has over the LAV filters is dxva when enabled, but as LAV supports CUDA (Nvidia GPU needed) then I prefer LAV, picture quality with hardware de-interlacing is so much better.

Would I avoid using ffdshow, yes would be my answer, think the Divx pro or CoreAVC codecs are much better, even though they cost money.

jona78

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Thanks again Ray.

So just to clarify....................Uninstall anything related to FFD Show including SAF? Purchase and install DIVX PRO or CoreAVC codecs and hopefully this will resolve the issue?

Thank You:D

jona78

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Morning Ray

I purchased DIVX pro & uninstalled SAF and any other codecs I could find and everything appears to be working fine. I have loaded MP about 20 times and it has worked perfectly on each occasion (video & audio). I can't thank you enough, this has been troubling me for months. I will still try to fill in my system specs this evening as I am bound to require assistance in the future.

Thanks again for your help.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom