Tools and other software Video2mkv_convert (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I've written a small program that converts whole folders with video files to MKV. The program is really easy to use. You simply start the program, choose the directory with your video files in, then choose the destination directory and press yes. Then sit back and relax. It uses ffmpeg for remuxing so all file types ffmpeg can handle are handled by Video2mkv_convert also.

If something went wrong on ffmpeg side you can see this in the console window.
    If you did not have ffmpeg.exe somewhere you can download it at Zeranoe FFmpeg builds.

No installation is needed. Video2mkv_convert_en.exe and ffmpeg.exe must be in the same directory, that's all..

If someone wants the source code (AutoIt) I can upload it also.
    If it's posible please use the german forum for questions, bug reports,... as my english is not that good.

German forum thread

Version 0.1.1: Initial Release

Version 0.1.2: Small issue with PATH to FFMpeg.exe corrected now, new binary attached.

Known Issues:
    none

ToDo List:
    - external Language file for easy localistaion of Video2mkv_convert
    - better error handling on FFMpeg part so no user interaction is necessary.
    - editable configuration
    - Option for other output containers like avi, mp4, ...
    - Installer package
    - nice GUI

Attachments

• Video2mkv_convert_en.exe.zip
      280.6 KB
    Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Unfortunately there was a little mistake on Path to ffmpeg.exe. Old Version 0.1.1 is working only if ffmpeg.exe resides in C:\Windows, what I did not like that much. New Version 0.1.2 did not have this issue, (I hope ;) ) New Binaries attached to first post, Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom