VideoEditor - Edit your recordings within MP! (1 Viewer)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    by the way. Videoredo Tvsuite does now support H.264 editing and does it very well indeed, but it does not transcode to .mkv

Coach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I tried a lot of tools... only VideoReDo works perfectly (but it's a trial). VideoReDo is a commercial SW tha has a lot of feature I don't really need. MP Video Editor was PERFECT. MP Video Editor cutted videos (also with ComSkip automatic info) quickly an in an easy way.
    I missed it!
    Coach

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What is a recording maschine without a videoeditor function?

I totally agree, but like a lot of things in life, if no one volunteers to take a closer look, then nothing will be done.

If I made that sound simple to fix, its not, reason is h.264 needs to be added to make it fully functional, otherwise we are back to a half working component in MP again, think that is what really putting the Dev's off fixing, more of a total rewrite than a bug fix.

I wonder if there's a possibility to implement a feature where, on highlighting a recording and pressing a certain key, said recording can be loaded into a user-selectable third-party program (Video ReDo, etc) for the user to edit and when that program is closed, MP is automatically restored?

This would I imagine be a lot less work than fixing MP's Video Editor and would allow users to use the tool of their choice for now.

bopfrog

Portal Pro
    August 20, 2008
    Bay of Plenty
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,
    I've never been able to get the built in video editor to work so have tried a few external ones none which seem to work though - audio is always missing. So I have tried converting to a more generally editable format, most recently the AVS converter which does a conversion but again - no audio. When I look at the details of the file to be converted (.ts) it gives details on the video stream but the audio stream is empty. Replaying as .ts within MP works fine, but I need to get some disk space back. Any ideas?
    Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom