VideoEditor screen (1 Viewer)

Doodles

Portal Pro
September 9, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi!

I made some changes to the VideoEditor screens in the Xface skin to fix some layout problemsand make some aesthetic changes which, for me, make it more attractive to use. I'm sharing them here in case anyone else finds them helpful.

Changes:
  • Make the buttons and lists the correct size and standard location.
  • Put a button image behind the Cut/Join/Convert/... selection button to make it fit in better.
  • Remove the <Back> button. I don't think it's needed.
  • Move the original length and current position displays under the screen so they are in the field of view when editing.
  • Change "foreward", "backward", "start" and "end" buttons to representative icons. I find it looks less cluttered this way.
  • Add an indication of transport mode - Pause, 2x, 4x, etc. (Fast forward and rewind are available with mpg files but not dvr-ms files, I believe.)

If you want to use it, just unzip the attached zip file into your MediaPortal folder (assuming you already have Xface installed). You might want to take a backup first in case you don't like it.

(Note that I've hardcoded some strings to avoid having to change the strings files. This is also the reason that "0:00" displays as "'0:00".)

If you use it and notice anything that could be improved, please let me know.

Cheers!

Attachments

• VideoEditorCut.jpg
    VideoEditorCut.jpg
    104.9 KB

fromaron

Portal Pro
October 18, 2007
Home Country
Thanks Doodle for your addition.
I have one slight problem though. For whatever reason I don't have a little slider bar on the time scale, running RC1 (no SVN)
Would you know what can cause it?
BTW Blue wide shows the slider.

galeap

Portal Member
June 1, 2008
Home Country
Thanks Doodle for your addition.
I have one slight problem though. For whatever reason I don't have a little slider bar on the time scale, running RC1 (no SVN)
Would you know what can cause it?
BTW Blue wide shows the slider.

Has anyone had any success with getting the sliderbar to display and work (able to drag it) in xface? Without the ability to rapidly move through the file to search for ads it is very difficult to use this application. i have rc1 with the svn 19311 installed.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom