VideoLan VLC Plug in for Mediaportal (2 Viewers)

foxifoxie

Portal Member
November 20, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, I'm so close to getting the set up that I've been looking for to play my top 1000 movies of all time. Mediaportal with moving pictures plug in is so good. the only hang up is that I can't then select audio and video set ups from my MP4s burned from my dvds, specifically to select the subtitle options within the file.
I'm currently using VLC to view my movies and it allows me to select subtitles and other audio/video tracks but doesn't have the front end anywhere near as good as mediaportal.
I've seen a couple of plugins on the forum that allow vlc as an external player but one was an old format and wouldn't alow me to download it and the other had a link to the plug in that is broken.
Does anyone have a plug in that will let me use VLC as an external player.
My dream will then become a reality......
Thanks in eager anticipation.
Steve

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome Steve :)

Just to approach from a bit of a tangent...
    MP does support subtitles and multiple audio tracks (multiple video tracks in one file not supported). Did you try to get that working with your files and find it didn't work?

mm

foxifoxie

Portal Member
    November 20, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,
    Not sure how to create a log for support...
    I currently use VLC to access the subtitle list and it is held within the Video Tracks menu so maybe I wont be able to access them?
    Steve

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again Steve

Log Files - MediaPortal Wiki

Use the first set of instructions (reproducible problem), and in step 5 try to play one of the mp4 files. Stop playback after 15 seconds or so then close MP and follow the rest of the instructions.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom