[no Bug] Videotext not working after first closing (1 Viewer)

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I also have exactly the same error.

Don't think that it's hardware related.
    I have Hauppauge TV-Cards (PVR4000)

Logs attached.

Kind regards

Roger

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Updatet to my former post:

Yesterday I manually updated my SQL-Server from MS SQL-Server 2005 Express to MS SQL-Server 2008R2 Express and reinstalled MP 1.5.

And what shall I say: The Videotext bug is gone :)

So perhaps it has something to do with the SQL-Server and not with MP itself because some users couldn't confirm the bug?

BTW: I was using SQL2005 Express on a system which was originally a Win-XP 32bit and was then updated to Win7 Prof. 64bit with the help of Windows EasyTransfer.
    So Windows kept the SQL2005 Express version in Win7 although the Wiki says, that in Win7 SQL2008 or higher is needed:

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...mization/TV-Server/SQL_Server/SQL_Server_2008

Kind regards

Roger

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Roger

And what shall I say: The Videotext bug is gone :)
    Great! :)

BTW: I was using SQL2005 Express on a system which was originally a Win-XP 32bit and was then updated to Win7 Prof. 64bit with the help of Windows EasyTransfer.
    So to be clear, you were running W7 when you noticed the problem right?

mm

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So perhaps it has something to do with the SQL-Server and not with MP itself because some users couldn't confirm the bug?

Ok, I updated SQL 5.1 manually to 5.6. Maybe this has something to do with this. I will try it.

Edit: It is working for me. I exported the TV settings, stopped TVService and MySQL service deleted the folder C:/ProgramData/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.6/data/mptvdb/ , restarted MySQL and TVService, imported the settings and everything is fine now.

So no bug. Error in the database.

Thanks @rogerleifert.

Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Ok, I updated SQL 5.1 manually to 5.6. Maybe this has something to do with this. I will try it.

Edit: It is working for me. I exported the TV settings, stopped TVService and MySQL service deleted the folder C:/ProgramData/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.6/data/mptvdb/ , restarted MySQL and TVService, imported the settings and everything is fine now.

So no bug. Error in the database.

Thanks @rogerleifert.

Same for me. Update to MySQL 5.6 and it is working fine again. :)
    Setting this to 'No Bug'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom