elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I have a question about the album view in MediaPortal. Right now, when I select this view, the first thing I get is a list of #, a - z, which I have to select to narrow down the album view alphabetically. I can't find a way of changing this behavior.

What I would like to get in album view is a straight alphabetical list of the albums.

Is this possible? If so, could someone help me?

Thanks,

Mark

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Never looked at Configuration? :)

Music -> Music Views

Select the Albums View
    enter "d" in the "Act" column on the first row and it'll get deleted.
    press save to save your changes and you'Re done

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I did as you say, and it deleted the row. However, when I go back into mediaportal, enter "My Music" and turn on album view, I still get the A-Z list.

I might not be explaining myself very clearly.

I am seeing a list

A
    B
    C
    D
    E

What I want to see is the names of the albums in alphabetical order. It's as if MediaPortal has decided that I have too many albums, so it will divide them into 26 lettered and one numbered category to make my life easier. I can't see anything in the configuration to tell it that I want this, or to turn it off. It seems as though this is hard coded behaviour.

Mark

PS. Thanks for sorting the "album x of y" tag recently. Makes all the difference to me!

Roo

Portal Member
    January 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Mark.

Sounds like you're making the mistake that I always make - namely forgetting to hit the save button after making changes to the view.

Apologies if I'm wrong though!

What I LOVE now is that I can finally sort an artist's albums into date order rather than alphabetical. Might be something that you're also interested in doing. On the Album selection line choose the Date field for SortBy. I've set mine to reverse sort to bring the newest albums to the top and that way they also match the thumbnails that are generated for an artist who has multiple albums.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi Roo,

Thanks for the suggestion.

hwahrmann was right, as you'd expect, but I misunderstood.

What I was not doing was selecting "album" from the pop-up menu at the top. I saw album down the list of the default menu item (shares?) and tried to change that.

The first row in album view has "group" which seems to add the A-Z index. I did check the wiki, but it lists the options without explaining.

This is one area of mediaportal configuration which is very powerful, but I think needs simplifying so that it is obvious to the average user.

If someone could explain how the operators work in views, I'd be happy to try to help with documentation.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Mark

marcelgl

Portal Member
    July 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Talking about the view. What I like about the album view is that I easily can scroon through my Album's. So in general I removed the grouping on the fist character.
    On the other hand I like to have some form of grouping : e.g. an initial selection which allows me to choose between "various artists"albums and the other ones.
    Any suggestion if this is possible in some way.
    The same which looks interesting to me if you have a series of albums e.g. vol 1, vol 2, vol 3 to have that grouped also. Any suggestions ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom