View by Genre -> Artist -> Album? (1 Viewer)

C

chow

Guys -- I'm really new to MP and I was going to primarily use it for music serving until I get the rest of my HTPC built out (TV Tuner, etc.)

Is there a way to customize views so that I can get more of a hierarchical view?

Arranged by:
-Genre
-Artist
-Album
-Song 1...
-Song 2
-etc.

For example:

-Rock
-Mogwai
-Young Team
-I'm a long way from home...
-etc.
+Punk Rock
+Soundtracks

I do this in MusicMatch and it works wonderfully -- especially because I have about 17000 mp3s and it's a pain to organize them in one list...?

Help...?

-Chow

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

this is called "Views" in MP.

Setup->Music->Music Views

There you can define your own view or change the existing Genre-View to your likings. Within MP->My Music you can then choose your view.

HTH, Flip.

C

chow

Yes -- but I cannot seem to get it to categorize in more than one hierarchy.

I.e. I click on a genre and then I am presented with the Artist names only. I click on an artist and I am presented with the albums from that artist. I click on an album and I am presented with the songs of that album, of that artist, of that genre.

I might be missing something, but the views don't let me do that?

-Chow

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

you can customize your views in Setup->My Music->Music Views. The build in genre view has only one level. But you can change this, as stated above, in the Setup.

view.JPG

Flip

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom