ViewModeSwitcher

Discussion in 'Newcomers Forum' started by TLD, October 22, 2016.

1. TLD

TLD Portal Pro

Retired
    Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    I'm using the ViewModeSwitcher plugin and it works very well, with one exception. I get TV in the 4:3 SD (720 x 480) aspect ratio. When the channel has 16:9 in 4:3 content the ViewModeSwitcher correctly zooms the picture to fit my TV screen which is 16:9, a perfect fit. But when the channel delivers 21:9 in 4:3 it doesn't zoom. it just stays in the 4:3 so there are black pillars on the top, bottom and sides. I tried changing the fallback mode to zoom but that didn't help, I believe the ViewModeSwitcher must be identifying the signal incorrectly.
    I would like to set a new rule to identify the 21:9 in 4:3 and go to zoom but it is going to be one of those negitive aspect ratios like 16:9 in 4:3 is and i have no idea what the numbers are that i should plug in the ViewModeSwitcher rule to accomplish this.

I will appreciate any help on this.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Owlsroost
    • Team MediaPortal

Owlsroost Development Group

Ratings:
    +4,131 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    I think the '21:9 inside 16:9' rule should also work for a 4:3 frame.

Please tick 'Enable Verbose logging' (visible in 'Advanced Settings' mode) - http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...tal_Configuration/95_Plugins/ViewModeSwitcher - and attach the MP logs from when you play a 21:9 in side 4:3 video. It might be VMS is not detecting the situation for some reason.

(I did the development work for the current version of VMS).

4. TLD

TLD Portal Pro

Retired
    Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    Thanks for the reply Owlsroost, i will do that but it may take a while as i will have to find a movie that is being broadcast in 21:9 in 4:3 again, most are 16:9 in 4:3 or just 4:3.
    I will get back to you when i catch one.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!