ViewModeSwitcher (1 Viewer)

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm using the ViewModeSwitcher plugin and it works very well, with one exception. I get TV in the 4:3 SD (720 x 480) aspect ratio. When the channel has 16:9 in 4:3 content the ViewModeSwitcher correctly zooms the picture to fit my TV screen which is 16:9, a perfect fit. But when the channel delivers 21:9 in 4:3 it doesn't zoom. it just stays in the 4:3 so there are black pillars on the top, bottom and sides. I tried changing the fallback mode to zoom but that didn't help, I believe the ViewModeSwitcher must be identifying the signal incorrectly.
I would like to set a new rule to identify the 21:9 in 4:3 and go to zoom but it is going to be one of those negitive aspect ratios like 16:9 in 4:3 is and i have no idea what the numbers are that i should plug in the ViewModeSwitcher rule to accomplish this.

I will appreciate any help on this.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think the '21:9 inside 16:9' rule should also work for a 4:3 frame.

Please tick 'Enable Verbose logging' (visible in 'Advanced Settings' mode) - http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...tal_Configuration/95_Plugins/ViewModeSwitcher - and attach the MP logs from when you play a 21:9 in side 4:3 video. It might be VMS is not detecting the situation for some reason.

(I did the development work for the current version of VMS).

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for the reply Owlsroost, i will do that but it may take a while as i will have to find a movie that is being broadcast in 21:9 in 4:3 again, most are 16:9 in 4:3 or just 4:3.
    I will get back to you when i catch one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom