Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: A-Tech 5000
Cooling: Zalman CNPS-7000
Power Supply: Seasonic SS-300APFD
Remote: Sony RM-VL900
TV: RCA
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA

Hi,

I'm debating/working on switching from Xlobby to MediaPortal for two reasons: stability and open-source. However, I'm struggling with the initial configuration and would appreciate some pointers.

I've searched the documentation and the forums for documentation on how the music views and music sort tabs work, but so far I can't seem to find much to help me out. Specifically, I'd like to have my CD collection show up as a flat list of albums, sorted by artist and then by either album date (preferably) or album title.

Is this possible? and if so, what do I need to do?

Thanks in advance.
erikt

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    if you have your CD collection orgainsed on disk like Artist\Abum then the standard music views should already satisfy your needs.
    They sort on Artist / Album / Track.
    There is no way to sort on Album date currently. this has been requested already but not implemented.

erikt

October 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for the response! I made some progress last night, however...

It was no trouble getting the album view, however the albums are sorted by album title. I played with all of the pre-set music sort settings, but none of them sorted the albums by artist. I played with the "Music Sort" configurations, but I couldn't figure out how/if this affected my list of albums. Is there any forum topics or documentation on what the "Music Sort" configuration does? Is this what I need to configure to accomplish my goal?

Cheers,
    erikt

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Erikt,

a "flat" display as you probably want, doesn't work.
    you need to use a 3 tier view. like the default view named "Artist", which displays all Artists, sorted by their name, then all Albums of an Artist, sorted by Album name.

I know we're still lacking in documentation. This will be done in cold winter nights. Hopefully.

Hope the information helps and i understood you correctly.

regards,

Helmut

billym

Portal Member
    January 7, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I accidentally deleted the "Artist" view... how can I get it to default to it again? I added it back, but now it continually defaults to "shares".

Thanks for any input.

--billyM

kmfdm515

October 26, 2007
    was sorting albums by the tag dates ever added? it seems to work as my albums appear to be sorted by date in descending order, but when i switch it to ascending, the order doesn't change???

edit: ok, it works when setting to ascending in the configuration, but not within mediaportal. was that bug submitted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom