Vista 32 Bit No Sound After Resume From S3 Sleep (1 Viewer)

gperkinson

Portal Pro
October 28, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi All,

I currently have Vista Home Premium with 32 Bit and I'm having issues with no sound after resuming from S3 sleep. There is no Red X over the volume icon that I have read in other forums and the only way to get sound again is to re-boot the PC and this is really annoying when I'm half way through a recording.

I have Soundmax on my machine and cannot see anything on the internet about appropriate drivers for Vista 32 or updated drivers, however I do have SP1 running and I bought the machine 6 months ago, so it's pretty recent.

Any help with this appreciated.

Regards

Graham

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It will be the realtek audio drivers need reinstalling, did you get a utilities disk, if not download the latest from them Realtek

Or uninstall and see if Windows update will reinstall for you.

But if you can get your motherboard name\model even better to download from them

drealit

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2008
    Ya I'd update the realtek rXXX drivers... if you're using HDMI (which I think you are) install that driver set also after the others. Also you can try a program called MCE StandBy Tool... it fixed most of my sleep problems.

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Paranoid Delusion,

Once again, thanks for your help - much appreciated.

I will try what you have suggested tonight and let you know how it went - a see another post confirming what you have suggested.

Thanks again.

Regards

Graham

Hi Drealit,

Thanks for your response - appreciated.

I see another post suggesting the same thing, so I will try that tonight. Yes, I have HDMI via a DVI feed and a separate feed for audio through my soundcard.

Since going to Version 1 final and running my EPG load from Windows Task Scheduler, I have not had to use MCE Standby Tool and waking from sleep has been fine. To be more specific, I was running a "bat" file through the command line of Powerscheduler to load the EPG and Windows shut it down before it was complete which stuffed up my recording settings and therefore I had recording issues. If I still have issues though after loading the driver, I will look at MCEStandby Tool, however what you guys have suggested sounds hopeful.

Thanks Again.

Regards

Graham

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey All,

I went to the properties of the Soundmax drivers, disabled them and then re-enabled them again which then gave me sound, so at least that means I do not have to re-boot the machine and loose any active recordings.

Still have not tried reinstalling the drivers yet as the machine has been tied up each night ..... oh, well at least the wife is enjoying the media centre :p

Cheers

Graham

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No sound loss now for 5 days since simply disabling and enabling the driver!!

..... hope my comment does not jinks it tonight!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom