Operating System Vista SP2 Released to Web (1 Viewer)

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi All,
    Just wanted to inform people that Vista SP2 has been released to the public for download. It is the 5-language standalone, so probably not for everyone yet.
    I am downloading now, so will report back later on how it goes. It is supposed to fix a number of issues - the main ones relevant to HTPC users include better support for wireless adapters and general USB devices upon resume from standby/hibernate. Many other fixes as well - too many to list here.
    Here goes...

EDIT: happy has provided the links below...

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Spot on! Sorry, I realised I forgot to add the link after I had already started to install the service pack.

I can say that my main PC (non-HTPC) survived the update without any hitches. It is running all the programs I normally use without any problems. So far so good. :)

My HTPC is nearly updated. It keeps suspending after 5 minutes (set in the TV Server PowerScheduler plugin) and I have to resume it to continue the update process :eek: SOLUTION: Before installing Vista SP2, disable PowerScheduler until after SP2 has been installed (in MP config and TV config).

UPDATE: My HTPC has been updated to SP2. Mediaportal came to life smoothly. TV playback/timeshifting works fine. It went to S3 sleep after being idle for 5 minutes as expected and resumed smoothly when manually turned on by remote, although I am still having issues with lost wireless adapter connectivity upon resume. This could be a driver issue, so I will need to look into this a bit more. This isn't a show-stopper, but it is annoying having to disable and then re-enable the adapter through Control Panel each time I want to connect to the network after resuming from sleep.

I now have to see how scheduled recordings go over the next few days.

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    After trying things over the last couple of days, I am having issues with some recordings going overtime. I have started a new thread here, which is a more correct forum to post a thread for solving these issues :)

Otherwise, I am generally happy with the SP2 update.

MLH01.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom