Visual C# Express (1 Viewer)

lar282

Portal Pro
July 11, 2004
Hi
installed Visual C# Express and tried to rebuild mediaportal but got tons of errors. Is it possible to use Visual C# Express? I also installed directx2004 update SDK.

it's complainging about for example
Error 124 Non-existent reference "C:\mediaportal\mediaportal\guilib\bin\Release\guilib.dll" passed to the ResGen task.
like 82 times errors.. -:(

ALSO when I try to run postsetup.bat GACUTIL complains that msvcrt71 is not there? It is there though

Did I miss something?

//Lasse

A

Anonymous

Other dev's have given C#Express a try, and noted some missing components necessary to accomplish what you are trying todo. None yet seem successful in compling using this software.. stay tuned.

lar282

Portal Pro
July 11, 2004
I uninstalled and installed visual studio 2003 instead. Gonna give it try this afternoon (Swedish time)

Hopefully direct9C SDK is alright instead of B

//Lasse

A

Anonymous

I am also haing the same errors when using Visual C# Express. Anyone figure this out yet!

barranger

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
The problems you are seeing is due to the refernces. I beleive that if you re-reference all of the libraries, you should get past this problem.

BUT..... it will still fail because we've found no way to reference the SQLite library

A

Anonymous

I finally gave up to and purchased vis studio 2003. We will see. I have been programming on and off for over 15 years and started with Fortran, Qbasic, Visual basic since Ver 2.0, Ver 3.0, Ver 5.0, Ver 6.0 and the .net platform, I just downloaded some of the free beta stuff from microsoft. All of there products have problems moving forward. I still cannot believe it's 2004 and microsofts product's still do not upgrade well from previous versions of there development software. I tried to load pretty simple project into there new version of Visual Basic and had over 18 error's, several warnnings, etc., with ton's of links to fix the problems, only to find the links un-infomative and not very well documented. The hundred's of hours of work programmers do to create program's and then when forced to move up to the new platform's only to find they have to recreate ton's of hard work.

Can anyone just enjoy programming anymore ! or do we have to spend countless hours researching issues to only have to rewrite code over and over again.

Just My 10 cents !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom