VLC 1.05 and M2TS in MediaPortal 1.1 RC1 (1 Viewer)

jsimmons

Portal Pro
December 6, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Using the following:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
MediaPortal 1.1.0.0 RC1
Moving Pictures 1.04
VLC 1.05

I'm ripping my HD-DVD movies to my HTPC hard disk as M2TS files. I've installed VLC 1.05 and the videos work fine in the standalone player, as well as the Test tab in MediaPortal Configuration utility (while configuring the VLC plugin).

However, when I play the movie from within Moving Pictures, all I get is a black screen, and I can hear the audio just fine. I also lose the ability to use my remote control.

I noticed that when you select the audio and video extensions in the MediaPortal VLC config, the selections don't stick (all checkboxes are unchecked). Also, when starting the VLC config, I get an exception regarding the detection of the OS, but if I click the Continue button, everything seems fine (other than the fact that it doesn't seem to keep any of my settings).

Can anyone help?

One more thing - when I installed the MPI file, it told me it was an old format.

EDIT =============

I just checked this in "My Videos", and pretty much the same thing happens - I can hear the audio, but there display doesn't change (I can still see MediaPortal's videos list), and the remote stops responding.

I'm getting a bit frustrated with the whole thing. I almost feel like I'm using Linux...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom