[Bug] Volume Control Failure after switching audio devices (1 Viewer)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    CPU E6000
    GPU HD4350
    RAM 4GB DDR2
    MePo 1.2RC

Okay first off.... this is a small bug, probably not very important at all as most people don't have the set-up I do. But I thought I would bring it up none the less. Here it is:

I have my TV hooked up via HDMI from my 4350 Audio/Video pass through just fine, but I don't want the audio as I have a 5.1 PC speaker setup that is being used on that HTPC. I set the default device to be the speakers and all is well.... unless I reboot. Once I reboot the defualt always moves back tot he HDMI and I always forget about it until i start watching/listening. I notice the audio is wrong so I switch the default back to my PC speakers.

Now.... I am letting everyone know that I know HOW to stop the above problem... please lets not focus on that. I know how to set it up in MP to always use the PC speakers, and I know how to tell windows to quit switching audio on me..... these things are NOT done for reasons I wont go into now. Just take the set-up for what it is and lets move on =)

Now, If MP is running when I do the switch, all audio is switched over and everything sounds good, but u can not adjust the volume. My guess is it is still trying to adjust the HDMI audio volume it was set to at MP's launch. I relaunch MP and everything works as it should.

Like I said... not a big issue... it might not even be able to be considered a small issue.... but I wanted to bring it up!

Thanks!!!

savocanberra

Portal Member
    September 7, 2009
    Home Country
    i have the same issue over HDMI, but mine volume works fine for the first day and after that I cannot adjusted in Mediaportal until I restart MP.

I will try to disable some other audio devices in windows 7 to see it that helps.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Volume Control Failure after switching audio devices

Isn't this the issue with two different Sound devices and Windows 7? I have the same issue when switching from HDMI to Realtek the volume used to control stays with the one selected as Default Sound Device in Windows 7. The AudioRender Changer only switches Mepo using a different output device. Probably it's a bug in audioswitcher?

I also see that if in the MePo config I set Audio Device to Realtek for example fro TV and in Windows 7 HDMI as Standard Mepo uses for the Menue sounds HDMI and for TV Realtek. Finding a solution would make me a really happy user ;)

savocanberra

Portal Member
    September 7, 2009
    Home Country
    ok disabled all other audio device in windows 7 via control panel/sound. Didnt fix the issue.

I will try tonight to disable the realtek audio device via the bios so it wont show in windows 7.

By the way im using the ATI Video card audio device with HDMI.

antibios

Portal Member
    December 10, 2009
    Minneapolis
    Home Country
    I have had this issue ever since I started using my ATI HDMI out for audio as well. I have to click outside the MP window and hit the volume to make the device's volume control kick back into action. I have disabled all other sound cards within windows and within the BIOS. Is there a fix for this?

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    I am afraid not =(

I dont think anyone is actually looking into the issue atm

antibios

Portal Member
    December 10, 2009
    Minneapolis
    Home Country
    Thank you so much for following up on this. This has been a huge irritation for me and I was worried it was going to go ignored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom