Volume Image Bar (1 Viewer)

7echno7im

Portal Member
October 17, 2006
Midwest
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
If this is already featured and I have not config'd my correctly feel free to pummel me with stones until i collapse.:sorry: BUT if not it woudl be nice. Also it woudl be nice to be able to preamp the volume too. Most video capture cards do not match the same volume of the system volume. I know in BeyondTV you can turn the volume up to like 150% (on the volume control, as you turn up past 100 it goes into a red bar so you can turn the PVR louder than what it can normally put out) thnaks for a great pvr solution!

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

what do you mean with Volume Image Bar? It is present in fullscreen playback. Someone is currently working on a solution to implement it also in the GUI (a feature missed by quite some people ;)).

Flip.

Khris

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2005
    Edmonton, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I know in BeyondTV you can turn the volume up to like 150% (on the volume control, as you turn up past 100 it goes into a red bar so you can turn the PVR louder than what it can normally put out) thnaks for a great pvr solution!

Actually that's not how it works.

The main volume control is a volume control within BTV. It simply changes the volume within BTV and has nothing to do with any other volume controls. When you see it turn red, that's when you begin to adjust the main volume on your system.

Open your mixer and watch the sliders and you're adjusting the volume in BTV.

7echno7im

Portal Member
    October 17, 2006
    Midwest
    Home Country
    Yes this is what i meant, a little image for the volume level, by the gui, not by the card manuafacturer or the keyboard volume overlay. If it is in the gui then sweet. Also, hopefully the 2nd part of my request was to be able to premap the MP, turn the volume louder than the normal system volume. If this is confusing, look here in the upper right hand corner at the volume....
    smartskip.jpg

i know, yuck, beyond tv... but once the volume hits 100, you can amp it up past to like 150. The volume bar aso changes colors according to the volume level. Just thought this would be a cool feature to add... prepamp.

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Volume Image Bar (or volume osd as i call it) is already submitted as a patch. It will appear in MP eventually.

Devs are propably too busy right now working on the next stable release and the new tv server, but volume osd will have its shot (i hope). :)

Julio

wertzui

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2005
    what i would also like is the posibility to have an image in the background, everytime the volumebar is displayed.

7echno7im

Portal Member
    October 17, 2006
    Midwest
    Home Country
    Cool. UI understand they're busy. I wasn't expecting them to drop everything and work on it. i just wanted add my 2 cents of what would be nice somewhere. :oops: This is just icing on the cake you know? Thanks guys.

Khris

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2005
    Edmonton, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yes this is what i meant, a little image for the volume level, by the gui, not by the card manuafacturer or the keyboard volume overlay. If it is in the gui then sweet. Also, hopefully the 2nd part of my request was to be able to premap the MP, turn the volume louder than the normal system volume. If this is confusing, look here in the upper right hand corner at the volume....
    i know, yuck, beyond tv... but once the volume hits 100, you can amp it up past to like 150. The volume bar aso changes colors according to the volume level. Just thought this would be a cool feature to add... prepamp.

You obviously didn't read my post as you still misunderstand how the volume control in Beyond TV works.

There is no "pre-amping" or going to "150".

There are 3 volume controls in play.

1) Internal Beyond TV Volume control (indicated by the GREY volume bar)
    2) Master System Volume (indicated by the RED volume bar)
    3) WAV System Volume (not controlled by BTV)

7echno7im

Portal Member
    October 17, 2006
    Midwest
    Home Country
    whoa buddy. Chill. No hositlity. I sure did read yours, but read a couple posts up and see what someone else posted.... hmmm.... seems like i answered to their post and not yours. Sorry you didn't read the full thread. They suggested using a 3rd party app, one that directly interfaced with the capture card. And my "PRE Amp" going to 150, was a suggestion for new features.... hmmm exactly what this thread is for... posting new features. I was suggesting a way to go beyond the 100%

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom