Volume. Too Low and not consistent (1 Viewer)

gonzo90017

Portal Pro
September 3, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Volumes for different channels seem to be all over the place and too low. Never had this issue with WMC. Is it the Audio Decoder i'm using (MPC-MPA Decoder) have something to do with it?

With WMC all the channel volume seem to be at the same level. With MediaPortal I normally need to set the system volume to 100% to hear anything.

Sorry for all the questions but i'm doing a wiki and forum search before posting.
I'm new to MP and trying to move from WMC.

gonzo90017

Portal Pro
September 3, 2012
Home Country
Well I found a plugin call MyVolume which I thought would fix my problem. Sadly now I get no sound whatsoever inside of MediaPortal. Outside of MP sound works fine. I've attached my logs. Hopefully someone can help me out.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    1st port of call - it's not the master volume control issue in Win 7 - easy to get caught by (put's hand up in shame).

As said - been there, done that so no need to feel stupid:)

What you may want to take a look at is the dll fix (from MP1.3.0 dev but works 100% on 1.2.3) so MP takes control of master volume - this will avoid problems many people have where loose the link between MP volume control and the TV:-<

muellinger,

I'm guessing that when in MP the mute button mutes/unmutes MP's output, whilst outside MP it mutes/unmutes the master volume.

If that is the case, perhaps this patch can help you https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-master-volume-mute-in-vista-and-above.98463/

TTFN - JCMP[/quote]

If that solves it for you, then the MyVolume plugin should give you the fine control you need.

Good luck - JCMP

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it the Audio Decoder i'm using (MPC-MPA Decoder) have something to do with it?.
    Maybe you try LAV Filters (you can install them with the Extension Installer); the audio part offers a Dynamic Range Compression as well as a Normalization Matrix and a Mixer for 5.1 to stereo conversion.

Last edited:

gonzo90017

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Will give LAV Filters a try.

That was it Jim. It took me a couple of hours to figure it out. Even uninstalled and reinstalled MP to see if that would fix it. . .

Turns out that "System Volume" and MediaPortal's volume are independent of each other. I was using the "system volume" to control the volume in MP. When I installed MyVolume it set MP's volume to 0. So even though I had the "System" volume a 100% I still didn't hear anything in MP. The fix was to just press the "+" key on my keyboard to increase MP's volume to 100%.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Good to know your back in business.

Unless your using 1.3 Alpha, would recommend the DLL in the patch listed above - stops this happening again - was a real pain having to come out of MePo, fix volume and restart when ever the TV was turned off/on, the DLL is 100% reliable:)

TTFN - JCMP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom