votes / popularity (1 Viewer)

henkie

Portal Member
May 27, 2013
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have set IMDB as the only website to get the ratings with IMDB+.
This has always worked and the plugin took the number of votes and rating of IMDB.
But as late it says for all movies that i add it has 100 votes although they have 30.000 + votes on IMDB.

Hope you can help.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    They must have changed the HTML code on that (again), will have a look.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Seems on movies with score of 8.0 (Avatar example) it was listed inside HTML code as 8 and had to adjust RegExp to compensate.

Fixed in v4.9.14, let me know if that works for you

henkie

Portal Member
    May 27, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for looking in to this.

I tried to update with the new version but it still happens on some movies like:

a good day to die hard rating 5,5 number of votes 100
    Identity Thief rating 5,6 votes number of votes 100

But a movie like:

Oz the great and powerful seems to be working fine with rating 6,7 number of votes 59,551

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @henkie, well you did help me find a bug, but you have run into a different issue. Open MovPic config (direct or via MePo config) -> "movie details" tab -> select "a good day to die hard" and verify that primary scraper source is infact IMDb+.

I have a feeling that it got imported with "imdb (default)", which does not offer all the features IMDb+ does.

If that is the case, then IMDb+ plugin offers an easy mehod to fix it. Within the hidden menu (left arrow on most skins), you can select "Force IMDb+..." and then it will tell you all the movies imported into your database that have an IMDb tt-ID linked, but not maintained by IMDb+. For example TMDB or "imdb (default)", and then you can select+fix those movies to use IMDb+.

You then still need to 'refresh' the movies so that the score/summary/etc is updated with IMDb+, and you can use the IMDb+ plugin hidden menu for this as well. Easiest way would be to refresh them all in your case, as it will also reflect updated score then. To fix summary/etc be sure to verify that IMDb+ option is set to update all the fields, as it otherwise only looks for missing data and score/certification.

Of course while inside MovPic config, you can also select all movies and refresh, or refresh/update individual movies, or even send-them-back-to-importer for a full update (also fixes the scraper issue if IMDb+ is primary). The choice is yours, just keep in mind that a mass update inside MovPic forces you to wait till it is done, whereas a mass-update via IMDb+ plugin happens in the background, so you can still watch a movie.

PS: The reason this happened to you, is more then likely you updated MovPic plugin recently. If the plugin contains an update to "imdb (default)" scraper-script, it kicks IMDb+ to the side and puts that one back as primary, so then any new movie gets imported with that one instead of IMDb+. Due to the fact that it is not always preferred to have IMDb+ as primary scraper, the 'check' to verify/fix this is only done when you open the IMDb+ plugin. However because this issue is an irritating one when you know for sure you always want IMDb+ primary, and don't want to constantly open "IMDb+ plugin" inside MediaPortal GUI to verify it is still primary (after a MovPic update). The next IMDb+ plugin will get a new setting called something like "Force IMDb+ to always be primary", which will check to make sure IMDb+ is configured correct each time.

henkie

Portal Member
    May 27, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @RoChess Thanks for the replay. I have set my data source manual in moving pictures to IMDB+.
    When selecting to Force IMDB+ inside Media-portal it says there are no movies to force and when i check through
    the config outside Media portal in moving pictures the plugin says the primary source is IMDB+.

I tried to update inside Media portal to update movies starting with I, J, P.
    Than it went to work and updated but didn't change the votes.

But i just went in the config settings outside Media portal and refreshed in the config menu and there it worked as expected.
    So it worked correctly outside Media portal but it didn't work inside Media portal. :confused:

So i tried to see if i could reproduce this behavior.
    But what do you know now it updates inside and outside Media portal again :confused: :D

The strange thing was it did not do it to only new added movies.

Your probably right that the moving picture update probably caused this. It was bugging for for a while ;)
    Although all the settings of IMDB+ where still as they should be.
    I am happy that is fixed but have no clue as to why :ROFLMAO:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Sounds like a weird freaking bug indeed.

It could not even have been the updater-all-fields setting, because score is updated regardless

And yeah, there are some rare bugs that I've experienced myself, but no idea how to re-create them, and that is the one condition I need to achieve in order to fix something (otherwise I have no way to verify it is fixed).

Let's just hope it was an anomaly and won't happen again, if it does try to at least write down the repeatable steps that caused it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom