VTS_01_0.ifo AND VIDEO_TS.ifo both added? (1 Viewer)

cowanrg

Portal Member
August 5, 2006
so, im trying to add my tv shows. i have them in this structure:

\show\season\episode\VIDEO_TS\

so it looks like this:

South Park\01\01\VIDEO_TS\

they are singular vobs that hold each episode. but, there is a VTS_01_0.ifo and VIDEO_TS.ifo in each VIDEO_TS directory. it adds each episode twice. how do i prevent this without manually deleting each duplicate? all my tv shows are DVD rips.

armyofme

Portal Pro
January 21, 2006
York
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I got round this by cheating. I changed the vob extension to .mkv and got rid of the ifo files. You can then name the vob files what you like and put them in a folder together. :)

cowanrg

Portal Member
August 5, 2006
yeah, it's not a big deal to me either. however, why wouldn't i just keep the vobs and not change them into mkv's?

it still doesn't solve the issue, because some episodes are a little bit over 1gb, therefore they have 2 vob files. sure, i can combine them into one file, but still.

is there a way during the parsing to ignore the vts_01_0.ifo file? all i need to add is the VIDEO_TS file.

keith2045

Portal Pro
February 16, 2006
Missouri
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Mine is set to search in the X drive under TV shows, and in that folder i have the show name, then folders for each ep, so for example x:\Tv Shows\South Park\South Park 01x01 - Title\VIDEO_TS\ then the vob files. These are the reg exp that i use

simple - <series> - <season>x<episode> - <title>\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO
simple - <series> - <season>x<episode> -\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO
simple - <series> - <season>x<episode> - <title>.avi

When i do a parse test all episodes show up like 2 or 3 times, but it only adds the .ifo one.

You might want to try something like this <series>\<season>\<episode>\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO

Hope this helps

cowanrg

Portal Member
August 5, 2006
thanks keith, that worked!

it turned out the order of the parsing filters was part of the problem. i got rid of the ones i didn't need, and it worked. when it only points to the VIDEO_TS.ifo, it doesn't recognize the VTS_01_0.ifo. good stuff. thanks.

foxie2

Portal Member
August 9, 2007
actually you could get rid of the ifo's all together! i re-authored my dvd rips to be individual episodes using dvd shrink then deleted everything except the vob's. I then renamed them e.g.

south park S01e01

everythin worked perfectly

UPDATE: not so perfectly after all lol forget what i said

coolcash

Portal Member
July 22, 2008
What do you mean by still not perfect? I am looking to do this too, but I am not sure where to start. I can rip each episode to its vob file, I just want to make sure it works alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom