Ongoing wake up from hibernate using MCE remote (1 Viewer)

zombiepig

Portal Pro
March 21, 2005
Melb, Aus
Home Country
EDIT: Zombiepig - thats an excellent idea for testing! try unplugging the USB reciever from the machine while its hibernated, and plug it back in or into another USB port. when you press a button on the remote, the LED on the reciever should light up indicating its powered.

If thats the case, then its not a hardware/jumper issue. its definitely an OS settings issue.

Ok, so you're saying my problem is OS issue? I'll try the tool linked to earlier and see if i have any success with that :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    And just as a reminder, MP\setup\General\ select the box marked "allow s3 standby, although wake up devices are present"

Otherwise it just deletes the registry setting USB\USBBIOSx and your receiver will not be powered.

moiristo

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Enschede
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have used the MST tool to enable S3 standby for my HTPC, but found that it resumed right after it entered standby. The GreenButton forum said that 'something is waking up the system', either a PCI card, PS/2 device or USB. I found out that unplugging my USB mouse solved the problem.

The reason why it is waking up is because I connected it to a front USB port, in which I did not set the +5vSB jumper. So, plugging the mouse in a backpanel USB port (with the jumper set) worked. What I mean to say is that if you want to use S3 standby, make sure all ports are in +5vSB setting, otherwise the system won't seem to be able to enter S3 when you have connected a device to it.

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    ok.. bringing my thread back 'on topic'

S3 works perfect (and it always has), so i only really need to troubleshoot the hibernate issue.

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Chenks, when you hibernate the system, and unplug/replug in the IR reciever, does the LED on the reciever blink when pressing commands on the remote?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    chenks, have you tried to move it to another usb port(maybe some of them have power on in S4 & some not)?
    Dunno much about your motherboard type, but to be enable to wake up by remote you need +5V in S4 to the USB port, I also had to disable all others like keyboard & mouse, but reason for that was it didn't want to stay in S4 state ;)

Regards
    Roy

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Have you tried contacting the manufacturer to see if S4 even supported by the motherboard, strange as it may seem, if S3 works, usually S4 is a doddle to set up within windows power management and has no other adjustments.

We know your system supports ACPI, but has it been "cut down" in any way by Aopen, and only they would know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom