Ongoing wake up from hibernate using MCE remote (1 Viewer)

chenks

Portal Pro
May 22, 2006
Scotland
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
i have enabled ALL the hid/keyboard devices, and i still don't get any power to the USB receiver when the system is hibernated.

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Some motherboards have a jumper which you have to set in the correct position for power to USB whilst hibernating. One of my htpc's with an AS-Rock motherboard has this option.

You might want to read the instruction manual of your motherboard.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    The +5vstb works fine in standby, but not in hibernate, correct. (no indication of receiver light flashing on htpc)

Why is this happening as the only difference between the 2 are save to ram or Hard disk, and the registry key USB\USBBIOSx telling windows to keep power to usb ports (by default some motherboards only supply +5vstb to connections 0\1 and other usb connections are dead).

What happens if you enable the other bios hack in the MCE tool (reboot always required) does it make a difference.

Sounds bloody wierd, because i can switch between the two quite easily and of the top of my head cannot think why power to the receiver should be shut down during hibernate.

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Some motherboards have a jumper which you have to set in the correct position for power to USB whilst hibernating. One of my htpc's with an AS-Rock motherboard has this option.

You might want to read the instruction manual of your motherboard.

already said that i have tried this in my original post. have tried the jumper in both positions.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Anyone tried getting onto the AOPEN website for info, its like watching paint dry.

chenks trying to see if there is anything about this problem there, saw a few updates for brand new bits of kit regarding bios updates fixing standby issues, but cannot even get there product search list to load in ie7.

still waiting for webpage to load while typing this.

i

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    the latest BIOS available for my system on the website is the same one that i have on my system.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    See those jumper settings do not mean much, one to enable keyboard\mouse the other to clear the cmos, really stuck on this one, as all the problems i have dealt with have been the other way round, ie hibernate worked, standby did not, trust you to be different.:D

View attachment 5400

Maybe what we need is someone with the same bit of kit, working with hibernate.

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    chenks - i have exactly the same problem, although using a different mobo. remote power up works fine from s3, but not from hibernate. weird thing is, i found if i disconnected the remote from the usb port while the system was hibernated, and plugged it into a different usb port, it would then have power and flash when i press a remote button. But still no wakeup even when i tried that.

Needless to say, i'm very interested in the findings of this thread! :)

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I've been thinking about your problem a bit more chenks, and im wondering if the chipset on your motherboard just doesnt support powering USB devices under S4 sleep states (Hibernation).

Does it say anywhere in the PDF if the board supports wake from S4 from USB?

EDIT: Zombiepig - thats an excellent idea for testing! try unplugging the USB reciever from the machine while its hibernated, and plug it back in or into another USB port. when you press a button on the remote, the LED on the reciever should light up indicating its powered.

If thats the case, then its not a hardware/jumper issue. its definitely an OS settings issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom