Wake up via com-port.. (1 Viewer)

Bonetti

Portal Member
December 11, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hello...

I have a homebrewed IR-receiver that is connected to my com-port. Everything is working perfect. But I cannot wake up my HTPC by using the remote control; does anyone know how you can wake a HTPC using a remote control via an IR-receiver connected to the com-port?

I have no problems waking the PC using my keyboard or USB mouse, but I want my remote control to wake up the HTPC….

BR Bonetti

-----------------------------------------
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2
MediaPortal Skin: blue two
Windows Version: xp pro sp2
CPU Type: pentium 4 2.6GHz
HDD: 320GB + 160 GB
Memory: 512MB

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    since you made the reciever yourself, I guess you know enough to set the wakeup event in the BIOS? (sorry, but sometimes the obvious has to be pointed out).

My COM memory is pretty rusty, but isn't there a "RING IN" pin? If so, can you set the reciever to output to that pin as well when it recieves a signal?

Bonetti

Portal Member
    December 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Attached is my setup.

Yes the com-port has a “ring-in”, this feature will also work for old modems to wake the PC. But the question is; if a signal from a modem is the same as a signal from an IR-signal?

The receiver also needs power but that I can get from the PC. I am not expert on those signals, so I hope someone can help me…..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom