Want to help with MP development (1 Viewer)

noocyte

Portal Member
December 9, 2004
Sandnes, Norway
Hi,

I've only recently begun using MP and I thought I'd offer my help in the development. Just to give a really short summary of who I am and where I come from:

Got a Bachelors in Information Systems and Software Design and a Masters in Information Technology and Internet Computing. I'm currently emplyed with a company called Pride, we develop an application called Synergi, and I'm in charge of versioning and parts of the Business Layer.

I'm looking for a "soft" way to get into MP coding, thought I'd start with a plug-in and the get into the MP core code and have a look.
Does that sound like a good path to follow? Does any of the more experienced coders have any suggestions as to what I should have a look at? Anything you guys feel is dead boring and want me to start looking at?
:)

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

every help is very welcome! Easiest way to figure out, what can be done is: Meet the other devs (especially frodo) on IRC. :)

Making a own plugin, is always a good point to start with, but perhaps there a better places to put you knowledge into.

You are very welcome. Go to IRC. :)

Flip.

ting

Portal Member
    February 8, 2005
    Sandvika, Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I noticed you have the same case as me.(mine is grey). Any way to get the vfd to work would be highly apreciated by a fellow lc-03v owner.

Oh, and sorry for barging in on your post. I am a psychology student who knows powerpoint and word. So this is perhaps a bit off topic :roll:

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2005
    London, UK
    ting said:
    I noticed you have the same case as me.(mine is grey). Any way to get the vfd to work would be highly apreciated by a fellow lc-03v owner.

What type of VFD is it. I have a parallel iMon inside VFD and I'm writing a plugin to display data on my VFD.

CoolHammer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2004
    Finland
    You could ask AllenGonq* i think he is currently working with lcd /vfd.

Problem seems to be that MP has no standard way of communicating between plugins.

And personal wish, filmstrip view for every possible window :)
    Yes, i know quite big job.

CoolHammer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom