wanting to get started... few questions! (1 Viewer)

zombiepig

Portal Pro
March 21, 2005
Melb, Aus
Home Country
Hey all,

I'm a recent convert to MP after using MCE for the last few months. I've had quite a bit of experience with coding and front end design, so I'm fairly eager to start helping out on the project.

I'm just wondering how this whole thing works... How do you submit code modifications for approval? If I make a change, for instance, preventing the tvguide from repeating channels, what do I do with this? I know it frustrates me when the guide repeats, but what if other people like this... would i also need to build in an option in the configuration to turn on/off this? I'm just trying to get my head around the whole process and how to get involved in it!

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
To start off, download the source code from MP's CVS. There are guides available in this forum (they should be sticky-ed).

To submit changes to MP code, submit the changed files (not just the changed code) as a zip file to the patches section of MediaPortal in SF, see www.sf.net/projects/mediaportal.

Once there, the devs will look at it and accept or reject it. It does take a while, because I think the devs are currently focused on something else - judging by the number of patches outstanding there.

About the tv-guide repeating thing, I think it would be nice if there was an option for this in configuration.

For a quicker response, its usually better to talk to the devs via IRC (click the IRC link in the title of this forum - Chat with us LIVE!). However, because we live on the other side of the world, you're gonna need to be up rather late/early.

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom