Watch/Record multiple channels with a single dvb tv card? (1 Viewer)

sbakker

April 4, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello everyone,

I would like to watch digital tv. Right now i use a Hauppage PVR-500 and TV Server. I would like to keep the function of record 1 channel and watch an other channel at the same time.

My question is: Can i watch/record multiple channels using 1 DVB-C(firedtv) card with 1 smartcard?

I can't find the answer in the forums...:sorry:

D4bFz3awSRYHKjr3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Aruba Aruba
    I'm using a firedtv-c in belgium(in-di), with a alphacrypt cam and smartcard from i-di and I can watch/record multiple channels that are on the same transponder(same frequency).

as an example I can record something on VTM and VT4, and can watch vijfTV or even record that also.

sbakker

April 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok! Now i understand! So i need 2x Firedtv and 2 smartcards if i want the full functions like the PVR-500 :(

arghhhh

Portal Member
    April 3, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    I'don't understand, I have a FloppyDTV and a DVB card.
    I use TV engine 3, and when i want to watch two different channels on the same transponder same frequencie.
    Wen launching the second svn ( on antoher computer ), I have an error message when selecting the second channel :
    No timeshfitng, channel is encrypted.
    What did i miss ?

arghhhh

Portal Member
    April 3, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    I'm using a PCMCIA Aston Mediaguard Dual.
    I configure in TV Serv to decrypt 2 channel.
    But on the links you gave it's said that it had to be done on the CAM itself, mi CI menu doesn't allow me to dos this, there is no suche option. How to do it using MyTheatre ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom