Weather - 2 Things (1 Viewer)

johnnyb

Portal Member
April 10, 2007
Just starting to play with MP.

I tried to setup my city in the Weather module, but when I do a search, every other location in the world is found except for mine, that being Cambridge, Ontario, Canada. When I searched on a city that is 10 minutes from me, and roughly the same size, it was found.

Why can't it find Cambridge, Ontario?

Secondly, is it possible to list more than one weather map per heading provided? I may not have a humidity map, but I would rather have a close up map of the weather.

Thanks

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Hi JohnnyB,
    Welcome to MP!

1) I believe the Weather plugin uses weather.com for it's source. I suggest opening weather.com in a browser and seeing if your city is located in it. If not, you may be stuck with using the weather for the place that's 10 minutes away. I know it's not the same but it's close.

2) AFAIK you can only have one map per heading but you could put your 'close up image' under the 'humidity' heading.
    I know for my area, I can't get images for all the headings so I just use different images. It's a shame that the headings are not customisable so you could rename them to the image your intend displaying (for that heading).

johnnyb

Portal Member
    April 10, 2007
    Thanks for the reply.

I checked Weather.com and Cambridge, Canada appears in the list. There are a lot (Cambridge), I actually had to scroll to the second page. It was like #13 on the list, yet the list I got in MP only displayed 6 or 8 (going by memory).

Update. I was able to get Cambridge to appear, by first finding how it appeared in Weather.COM, and then using the same format in the search criteria.

Hope this helps others out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom