MP2 - V2.4.1 Web Configuration (1 Viewer)

AdHu86

Portal Pro
January 14, 2022
Berlin
Home Country
England England
Hi,

i just started using MP2.4 and really like it. I saw, that you guys are also working on an alternative TV provider with TVMosaic. Its configuration is easily possible by web browser. It would be great, if the MP2 settings could be alternatively configured by web browser as well. It shouldn’t be too complicated, because every client and server has an IP and a login could be required, if user management is activated. Did you consider something like this already?

Cheers, Adrian

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i just started using MP2.4 and really like it. I saw, that you guys are also working on an alternative TV provider with TVMosaic. Its configuration is easily possible by web browser. It would be great, if the MP2 settings could be alternatively configured by web browser as well. It shouldn’t be too complicated, because every client and server has an IP and a login could be required, if user management is activated. Did you consider something like this already?

Cheers, Adrian
    Hi,

Thanks for the proposal.

the MP2 configuration options are not so overloaded, so setting them up with remote on tv is still doable and stress-free so far ;)
    But I agree, that setting them by e.g. tablet or phone might be easier in some cases. For sure it's possible, but also not that easy as initially thought, because we have client and server settings. And as usual, the biggest blocker is the lack of developers on bord :( There are several started, but never finished packages, so it would be not wise to open this now. There was a project to develop a web client started by @Brownard, it could be considered as a part of it, but I believe not in near future ...

AdHu86

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2022
    Berlin
    Home Country
    England England
    Ok, I understand that of course. If I could help with coding I’d do, but my skills are basically zero :( Would be great to consider it in the web version in future!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom