Web-EPG - a few basic questions (1 Viewer)

KevinM

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Excuse my ignorance here but I have some basic questions about how it's all supposed to work with TV-Engine

I have the Web-EPG configured to get updates every day and the information it produces in the TVguide.XML file appears to be perfect.

However, I am somewhat confused as to why when MediaPortal imports this file, the programs are all listed in the TV Guide 1hr later than in the XML file.

I guess I need to put an offset in my configuration (maybe this is something to do with British Summertime ?)

My question is this; would I only make these changes in the MediaPortal TV Server setup, or is there something to do in my MediaPortal clients setups as well ?

arikzinger

Portal Member
    March 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    On server side, the XmlTv plugin can be configured to "Apply timezone compensation when loading tvguide.xml"

I am using TVXB and it works fine for me.

Arik

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    For WebEPG you should not use the timezone information in the xmltv file (because there isn't any). Instead apply an offset of 0.

KevinM

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Well none of the changes suggested (or endless permutations) made any difference. However, reinstalling latest version of the TV Server and setting it up again did the trick.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom