[other] Web front end? (1 Viewer)

badger_fruit

Portal Member
August 18, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
As a long time user of Myth TV under *nix I have recently started using Media Portal on Windows (I won't go into the boring details here you will be happy to know!).

Anyway, one of the best features of Myth is the Mythweb side of it; being able to schedule recordings and generally tinker with the back-end remotely is simply amazing.

Now I know it would be harder to produce a WFE for MP as it can use either MySQL or MSSQL for its backend databases whereas Myth only uses MySQL but is something like this in the wings?

I would expect that the appropriate connections could be defined for the WFE when the user chooses their preferred DB system and that would install the appropriate files & links. Apache is an open-source web-server which is available for Windows XP/Vista/7 so no reason to worry about the user having to work with the crappy IIS.

I appreciate any replies on this subject and apologise if it's been asked/binned off before now.
Regards to all

badger

badger_fruit

Portal Member
August 18, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
pilehave, thanks for such a prompt reply (and lack of flaming me for asking such a question!)
I'm checking out the MP-Web-Interface now!!

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom