web-tv (1 Viewer)

ShaDeFaDe

November 12, 2005
This is one thing I also miss. Got an introduction from Microsoft on an MCE system, and this is one of the key features (At least on the norwegian version).

The rest of Media Portal is way better than MCE, but this feature is the one thing that makes me unsure of what to choose.

I would really like to help implement this feature, I am a java programmer so porting to C# would not be a problem. Unfortunately I have no experience programming similar applications. I think that this will be no problem, though some help would be nice. Any one who would like to help me or teach me in some way are very welcome to send me an email. (carnesen at gmail dot com)

Please contact me if this is a feature that is already being implemented as well, I would like to contribute to get this done.

-Christian

Asmo

Portal Pro
March 3, 2005
I used the radio streaming feature to add a stream once which worked OK.

Kinna weird to play streams over the radio, but it worked for me.

Just did it once with the news of a Dutch public station.

dpirs

Portal Member
July 5, 2005
MyRadio can show Windows Media Player streams and some real audio/video streams. However it doesn't show them full screen. Somebody mentioned that full IPTV support is planned, but it looks like stability problems and bugs are priority now.

ShaDeFaDe

November 12, 2005
Point is that this is not only a stream of live tv.
This is an entire archive of television shows sent on the Norwegian tv channel NRK(And probably others as well). So you can watch the TV-shows that were sent 1 year ago etc. I know that MCE has some kind of client that lets you search through these files and show them ++.

This is a really cool feature.

knutinh

Portal Pro
September 4, 2005
A guy from NRK posted on this topic at www.avforum.no

Their entry to MCE was hard-coded to MCE. Fortunately, this guy was an open-source guy, and he was hoping to find a solution for other front-ends (MP mentioned). I see the main problem being navigating through their menus (would work using web browser plugin, although letters may be small). I dont know how difficult it is to get the actual streaming/buffering etc to work.

regards
Knut Inge

Asmo

Portal Pro
March 3, 2005
Then it sounds its really specific for just Norway and just this broadcaster... I think in order to be added to MP you need to find a Norwegian programmer who can code it as a plugin for MP, as I think the current MP has their hands full enough to be coding a plugin which is so specifically for just a selection of MP users.

ShaDeFaDe

November 12, 2005
Ok, I got this feature presented from a microsoft guy at a seminar I attended some weeks ago. I got the impression this was a feature that was gonna be applied to "all" tv-channels over time. He was probably a salesman :p

Anyway, Knut Inge, can you post a link to the thread of that guy from NRK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom