Webegp question (1 Viewer)

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey guys,

I can't find a way to add guide data for Anntena TV (it's a new channel similar to TVland but better) I use mc2xml but no data for this channel is in there. I also use Webepg again no data for this channel :( I was wondering if there was a way to grab data from the site http://www.antennatv.tv/ via Webepg? Please help! Thanks.

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2012
    New York
    Home Country
    I don't know if it's possible to grab the data from that website, but you can use WebEPG to grab any channel data from the IMDB TV Listing website. IMDB TV Listings has all channel data for every zip code and TV provider in the US, but the WebEPG xml file for the IMDB site needs to be fixed and customized for your own area. I personally spent a couple of hours fixing mine and now I reliably get all my channel data from IMDB through WebEPG.

Here's where you start: http://www.imdb.com/tvgrid/ From there, you have to enter your zip code and TV provider. Once you get that info, you can edit the "www_imdb_com.xml" file and add one line for the channel you want. In my case, I used this line:
    Code:
        <Channel id="Antenna TV" siteId="WPIXDT4/?zip=xxxxx&amp;tv_prov=xxxxxxx" />
    You will need to replace the xxxxx with whatever zip and TV provider is listed in the URL of the IMDB TV Listing website. Save the file and set up WebEPG to map your channel properly, and it should grab the info.

While you're at it, you can set up all of your channels to get EPG info through IMDB this way. There was a thread that explained the process a little more thoroughly, but I forget where it was.

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    Thanks for the reply man! I never knew about the imdbtvguide. Though I can't find that channel anywhere on there :( I put in my zipcode and it brought up my cable company etc.. It's weird because I can't even find it on the cable company's site under listings. We have an HD DVR box in the living room which includes that channel. the box belongs to the cable company not sure why it isn't on their site either lol.

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2012
    New York
    Home Country
    The channel is probably listed there but under a weird name. My listings show it as "WPIXDT4". In your area it may be called "WXINDT2" in which case the following line should work just right in your xml file:
    Code:
    <Channel id="Antenna TV" siteId="WXINDT2/?zip=46201&amp;tv_prov=IN13539" />

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    Oh yeah I think your right. On the channel itself it's like wdrb 41.1 or something. I didn't think of that I appreciate your help! I'll check it out if I need help still I'll post back :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom