webinterface recordings don't start (1 Viewer)

mediaportaluser

April 15, 2006
Hello,

recordings scheduled by the webinterface never start recording. This is very strange as those recordings show up in MPs timer list.

BTW: is there another way to schedule a recording by specifying start and end time? I don't want to use the EPG.

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
This is related to your other post about the web interface not recognising MP when it has started. IF you have solved that problem, you have solved this one.

For the 2nd part of your problem, try the manual recording link.

For others with the problem - make sure the External Control Plugin II is enabled in MP configuration.

Sam

rick78

Portal Pro
February 17, 2006
Copenhagen, Denmark
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have the same problem. The programs do not start. However, if I quit MP and start it again, it starts recording (as long as it is in the same time frame as the recording is set for).
My MP is always minimized. It is a server, with no monitor connected.

Regards,
Rick

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    as far as i'm concerned MP is originally build to represent a 24/7 HTPC frontend. So, due to the 'normal' terms of use, MP is in fact never minimised. as mentioned before, i've had the same problem. since MP didn't deal with my HTPC-Tvcard i wanted to use MP additionally on my other pc. as this pc is also there for working i've had to let MP minimised all the time.

nevertheless, if it's just a server it shouldn#t be a prob to let MP maximize, monitor plugged in or not...

rick78

Portal Pro
    February 17, 2006
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Home Country
    The problem I have with MP being maximized on my server is that there is a Matrox G400 installed as the video card, and the CPU goes to 90 % when MP is maximised. I could put another card in it, but I do not see how maximizing will have any effect on this issue (MP fails to record when recording set in web interface, but starts after MP is reloaded).

/Rick

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    rick78 said:
    I have the same problem. The programs do not start. However, if I quit MP and start it again, it starts recording (as long as it is in the same time frame as the recording is set for).
    My MP is always minimized. It is a server, with no monitor connected.

Regards,
    Rick

Have you checked that the External Control Plugin II is enabled in MP configuration? If so, try navigating to http://<MP computer name>:81/MPExtControlWS/service.asmx, clicking on the RefreshRecordings link and pressing the Invoke button. Make sure MP and the MPW server is running on the MP computer.

Post here what your response is.

Sam

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sometimes recordings made with MPW start, sometimes they don't. I'll have to do a little more testing to find out when it doesn't. Here's my output from what Sam asked for...

Code:
    System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVDatabase.UpdateRecording(MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVRecording ByRef)'.

Server stack trace: 
       at ECP2Assembly.MPHandler.RefreshRecordings()
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at MPECP2WS.ECP2WS.RefreshRecordingsInMP()

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    You have an old version of ECP2 in use. I'm not sure where everyone keeps getting this version from, but that's your problem.

Just go into your MP folder, delete the ECP2Assembly.dll file, and reinstall MPW.

Sam

rick78

Portal Pro
    February 17, 2006
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Home Country
    Ok, here is my info doing the same procedure:
    System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVDatabase.UpdateRecording(MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVRecording ByRef)'.

Server stack trace:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    at MPECP2WS.ECP2WS.RefreshRecordingsInMP()

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom