webinterface recordings don't start (2 Viewers)

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
rick78 said:
Ok, here is my info doing the same procedure:
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVDatabase.UpdateRecording(MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVRecording ByRef)'.

Server stack trace:
at ECP2Assembly.MPHandler.RefreshRecordings()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at ECP2Assembly.MPHandler.RefreshRecordings()
at MPECP2WS.ECP2WS.RefreshRecordingsInMP()

See my post above.

Sam

rick78

Portal Pro
February 17, 2006
Copenhagen, Denmark
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Now I have removed the DLL file and re-installed MPW v. 0.3.2
Did the procedure again and get :
<boolean>true</boolean>

If I click the recordings link at the top of the main page, my recoording that was just added is there. However, MP is not recording.

I restart MP and it starts recording.

If I do the procedure to refresh again the same is shown <boolean>
My browser is Firefox 1.5.0.2
If I do it in Iexplorer:
<xml>
<boolean>true</boolean>

Thanks,
Rick

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Try adding a recording via MPW, then going to that link I gave before and press the RefreshRecordings link and then the Invoke button. Does it work then?

If it doesn't, there's a bug that's been introduced due to the newer versions of MP that needs to be looked at by the MPW devs.

Sam

rick78

Portal Pro
February 17, 2006
Copenhagen, Denmark
Home Country
Hi Sam,
Thanks for the help. I just removed ALL, and re-installed (re-scanned channels and everything).
The first problem appeared:
Server stack trace:
at ECP2Assembly.MPHandler.RefreshRecordings() ......

Nothing starts until I restart MP.
I am removing the DLL again and re-install MPW.

/Rick

rick78

Portal Pro
February 17, 2006
Copenhagen, Denmark
Home Country
After re-install of MPW I now get
<boolean>true</boolean>
when invoking the recording refresh.

What am I supposed to see?
I can see that there is a recording in the Recordings link.

Another side effect to this 02 rc4 is I lost my burner plug in. I used that to change dvr-rs format to mpg.
I will have to start a new thread to ask about that feature.

/Rick

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
rick78 said:
After re-install of MPW I now get
<boolean>true</boolean>
when invoking the recording refresh.

What am I supposed to see?
I can see that there is a recording in the Recordings link.

Another side effect to this 02 rc4 is I lost my burner plug in. I used that to change dvr-rs format to mpg.
I will have to start a new thread to ask about that feature.

/Rick

If it returns true, that means that MPW has been able to refresh the recordings list in MP properly and MP should recognise the new recordings and start them if the time is right.

Given your problems, I am assuming that this is not occurring. I'll see if I can find some time during this weekend and investigate. I also have an updated version that I'm working on (no new features, just a more stable backbone) so if that fixes the problem, I'll see if I can get a interim release released before the new MPW version comes out.

Sam

rick78

Portal Pro
February 17, 2006
Copenhagen, Denmark
Home Country
Hi again,

I solved this by a complete re-install of RC2. I disabled the My Burner plugin as well. It is very stable now and recording things from the web interface without any problems.

Regards,
Rick

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I can add maybe my 2 cents...

I noticed some problems with recordings from the webinterface as well. Then dug into the TV database and noticed that all recordings programmed from the webinterface have priority 0 (zero). If I changed manually the priority, my recording worked.

I later modified some of the source of the webinterface pages so the priority would default to 10. Now only my first recording in the database with priority 10 will record.

I have modified the others that still have 10 to something else, I am curious if that will fix it. More news on saturday night when my next recurring (currently not recording) show is on.

Edit: I noticed this behaviour only in later versions, but cannot state if it started with RC3 or whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom