[confirm] Weekly Schedules are not shown in TVGuide and in Schedules (1 Viewer)

nicx

Portal Pro
February 1, 2006
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

the Bug with RC2 and SQL Server 2008 on Windows 7 still exists, but in another way ;)

Have a look at the "old" bug:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...chedules-marked-24h-too-late-epg-timer-81083/
0002879: Weekly schedules appear 1 (or more) day off in EPG when using SQLServer and certain regional settings - MediaPortal Bugtracker

The "new" bug:

1. I start Mediaportal and go to the EPG Guide
2. I click on a show and its advanced recording options
3. I select "weekly to this time" -> All weekly shows are marked correctly with red "rec" in front of title
4. I go back to the TV Guide -> No show is marked red in the Guide -> :(
5. I go to the Schedules -> No show is listed for scheduled recording, the list is empty -> :(
6. I check the Schedules directly in the TVServer Config -> they are correctly listed

Please reopen the old bug or create just a new one for RC3. Attached the Logs.

Thanks!
nicx...

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    AW: Weekly Schedules are not shown in TVGuide and in Schedules

Sorry it still not works. We currently cannot reproduce this issue, but will try to do. Just give us some time.

In the meantime other users can help us:

Please - if you have MS SQL Server 2008 installed - try to reproduce the error nicx sees and give us an answer and logs here (even if you cannot reproduce the error). Maybe this helps us to track the error down. Thanks a lot.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Not sure if what I have just noticed is related.

Was running RC2 with MSSQL, now running RC3.

Had a look in the scheduled recordings (my other half had set a program to record next saturday). The schedule displayed the correct program title (at the top of the screen), but the scrolling program details (at the bottom of the screen) were of a different program. I then went into the actual EPG and scrolled forward to the program. It seemed to be 24 hours out.

I checked my config and I had Monday at the start of the week (which I believed it was??)

I changed it to Sunday, deleted the scheduled and rescheduled it, this seemed to solve it and everything seems to match now.

Hopefully when we go on holiday tomorrow, the programs will record correctly while we're away! :O

J.

nicx

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi,

jay: glad to read that i am not the only one, sometimes i thought I am the problem ;)

@all: i changed my db backend to mysql yesterday and all of this annoying "epg-schedule-features" are gone. the red marking is correct, timers are correct. i just dont want to wait another months for a solution, so i will not use mssql anymore ;)

nicx...

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    AW: Re: Weekly Schedules are not shown in TVGuide and in Schedules

Hi there,

Not sure if what I have just noticed is related.

Was running RC2 with MSSQL, now running RC3.

Had a look in the scheduled recordings (my other half had set a program to record next saturday). The schedule displayed the correct program title (at the top of the screen), but the scrolling program details (at the bottom of the screen) were of a different program. I then went into the actual EPG and scrolled forward to the program. It seemed to be 24 hours out.

I checked my config and I had Monday at the start of the week (which I believed it was??)

I changed it to Sunday, deleted the scheduled and rescheduled it, this seemed to solve it and everything seems to match now.

Hopefully when we go on holiday tomorrow, the programs will record correctly while we're away! :O

J.

Some questions:

Which MS SQL Version?
    Was this a weekly schedule or a once schedule?
    In the UK Monday should be start of week ;-), so most likely you should change it back.
    Can you produce logs?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Currently typing this from my crapberry while in barcelona on holiday - no access to mepo.

It was scheduled as a weekly recording.

I'm running sql2008 express.

I might switch to mysql like nicx if it gets around the problem?

Not sure how I'm going to cope without mepo for the week! ;)

Thanks,

J.

azimek

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2007
    Germany - near Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Weekly Schedules are not shown in TVGuide and in Schedules

nicx

Hi !
    Same problem here with SQL Express 2005 SP3.

BUT:
    If you open TV -> Timer you have to select Series in the Menu.
    If you don't then you only see the scheduled recordings (once).
    This is a new feature in RC3 I guess.

On the other hand the Series recordings don't show up in TV GUIDE in my system, too!

André

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
      screenshot.jpg
      20.2 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom