Weird bug requesting config.msi? (1 Viewer)

knutinh

Portal Pro
September 4, 2005
This or something similar has happenende to me a couple of times with several MP revisions.

I am now running the latest SVN, updating to the latest SVN every couple of days.

When I click the desktop "Set Up Mediaortal" I get a small popup with progress bar saying "MediaPortal" and a cancel button

Then there is an error message:
"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "Setup.msi" in the box below."

When I cant find it Iget:

"An installation package fo the product MediaPortal cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package "Setup.msi"

regards
-k

Huge

Portal Member
August 8, 2006
I get this too (I'm on an offical .20x version). Also happens when I start MP from the shortcut, but NOT when it starts from the separate launcher app (am?.exe haven't got it in front of me, it works ok when I turn on the computer). Also, I can start the configure utility if I click on the configure.exe, not the shortcut.
One clue is that it seems to think the msi should be in my temp area - perhaps from a zip file extraction that go cleaned out at some stage. I have been messing with options - maybe a skin issue - I will look harder if no one has any ideas.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Usually this happens when you try to strip down MP after a installation (removed some skin folders etc.), MP then tries to re install the missing files...

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom