Weird issue browsing Videos folders 1.3 beta (1 Viewer)

David Scott

Portal Member
April 20, 2012
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
OK, this is quite strange and couldn't find anything like it in the forum. I have a bunch of video folders setup which on a local drive which all seem to work fine when I go into 'watch your videos', except if I go into some (but not all) folders that have nested sub-folders, I have an issue where I initially see nothing at all if I go into one of those folders, I have to back out back to the homepage and go back in to 'watch your videos' and the folders will show up. but then if I try to go into one of the listed sub-folders... same thing, I see nothing and have to back out, then when I go back in again I see the files inside the sub-folder that I wanted to look into.

Cannot figure what is going on or whether this is a database thing or a file system thing. It used to be fine, so I am thinking it is a 1.3 beta thing, or something has caused it - I do remember doing a full defrag of the videos drive not so long ago.

Anybody got a clue where to begin, a log file to check?

I've already looked at file and folder permissions. All look fine. Tried deleting all of the folders defined for videos and re-created - same problem.

AtTimesPerplexed

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I had the same problem with shares view. I had to change the folder name on the hard drive , then in MPconfig set up the new folders and rescan the files into the database.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom