Well hello there! (1 Viewer)

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Dunno when i last checked inhere, but must have been quite awhile.

Good to see that the plugin is still listed under "Very popular plugins" :) Allthough some ppl apparently do not get it to work...

After 2 dark years that are best forgotten, it looks like i´ve got myself finally back on track for the most part, for real this time. Don't know yet if and how i'm going to pick this up again, depends a bit on what has changed in MP 1 in the meantime and what MP 2 has to offer.

diablosv

Portal Member
    November 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Dunno when i last checked inhere, but must have been quite awhile.

Good to see that the plugin is still listed under "Very popular plugins" :) Allthough some ppl apparently do not get it to work...

After 2 dark years that are best forgotten, it looks like i´ve got myself finally back on track for the most part, for real this time. Don't know yet if and how i'm going to pick this up again, depends a bit on what has changed in MP 1 in the meantime and what MP 2 has to offer.

Welcome back! Well music playing still sux in media portal with my setup (hdmi to 7.1 reciever). 2 years ago (can't believe its been that long) i made a post here asking if you could add WASAPI support as ASIO doesn't work well on my setup. Looks like we may get WASAPI support officially, but it looks to be ages away.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Good things always come slow ;) By the time WASAPI support is finally there, it may have become obsolete...

I just read that in Windows 8, WASAPI is standard bitperfect, not just in exclusive mode. Good news in itself, but i don't know yet what that will mean for us developers.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I just read that in Windows 8, WASAPI is standard bitperfect, not just in exclusive mode. Good news in itself, but i don't know yet what that will mean for us developers.

It cannot be bit perfect if it is non-exclusive mode. What will happen when some DTS / AC3 encoded stream is played and some system sound is getting triggerred? The end result should be corrupted bitstream as there will be some component in the pipeline that is mixing the system sound and DTS / AC3 stream.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It cannot be bit perfect if it is non-exclusive mode. What will happen when some DTS / AC3 encoded stream is played and some system sound is getting triggerred? The end result should be corrupted bitstream as there will be some component in the pipeline that is mixing the system sound and DTS / AC3 stream.

Good point. But for audiophile playback (using soundcard's DAC) this is interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom