What do I install? (1 Viewer)

Leo158

August 9, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
I have just purchased a new HP notebook running windows 10 64 bit & was previously using WMC on my old computer.
I plan to use a usb TV tuner(Kaiser Baas) can I install MP1 with this type of installation or should I try MP2, I am a bit confused with all the amount of information available on this site & as I'm not particularly tech savy what is the best way to proceed from here?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome! :)

You can use either MP1 or MP2. There's no hard and fast or obvious choice. Both are compatible with W10. Both can be made to support your tuner. It really depends on your personal appetite for tinkering. ;)

MP1 is the more "mature" option. Most things should just work, and there is a wiki full of information and community full of people for when it doesn't.
    MP2 is a work in progress. That's not to say it's unstable and unusable. Just that there are less people using it, less choices for skins and plugins, less documentation, a few issues here and there etc.

I generally recommend MP1 for new people who want TV support... but other people disagree. Ultimately you can install both and decide for yourself. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom