What DVB-T card is fully supported by MP (remote incl.)?? (1 Viewer)

hispatnt

Portal Member
February 10, 2006
Cordoba - España (Spain)
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi!

I'm looking for a DVB-T card (PCI) with remote control fully suported by MediaPortal (and the cheapest possible :wink: ).

My computer is on my sign. I want to use the card for recording too (In Spain).

PD: I also have an Avermedia AverTV Studio, could I have any problem with 2 cards (I think that not... but :roll: )

bye and thanks :wink:

fera

Portal Pro
October 13, 2005
My Hauppauge Nova-T DVB-T works perfectly. (the remote works too, unfortunately the remote which came with my card has not enough buttons so you either have to "switch" via a other button between button configruations or you ll have to alienate some buttons)

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
fera said:
My Hauppauge Nova-T DVB-T works perfectly. (the remote works too, unfortunately the remote which came with my card has not enough buttons so you either have to "switch" via a other button between button configruations or you ll have to alienate some buttons)
Fortunately the current retail (non-mce) versions come with a 45 button remote.

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
That's this one (incl. picture): http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/products/data_novatpci.html

This is no real MCE remote, so it doesn't work in MCE as the Microsoft one would. (Although you can get it working somehow with MCE as well). It's an MCE like remote.
But in MediaPortal that remote is fully supported for all Hauppauge cards that come with that remote. So no problem at all. You can even change the mapping for it. That's currently not possible with Microsoft remotes.
Both have their pros and cons...

barthi

Portal Member
January 23, 2005
I have a Nova-T, too! The remote is really nice, BUT:

I'm not completly satisfied with the card. Channel Switching is sometimes very slow (about 5 sec) and the newest version of MediaPortal RC2 is not supporting the card.

TimeShifting is also a problem. When switching it on I get crashes all the time.

The last thing is, that the EPG is not completly filled. The channels Sat1 and Prosieben are always empty.

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
barthi said:
I have a Nova-T, too! The remote is really nice, BUT:

I'm not completly satisfied with the card. Channel Switching is sometimes very slow (about 5 sec) and the newest version of MediaPortal RC2 is not supporting the card.

TimeShifting is also a problem. When switching it on I get crashes all the time.

The last thing is, that the EPG is not completly filled. The channels Sat1 and Prosieben are always empty.
I can't confirm any of your points. Channel change is a bit slow on DVB-T, but that's the nature of DVB.

barthi

Portal Member
January 23, 2005
I just installed the RC2 with the newest Snapshot and now everything is working.

I also installed the newest Hauppauge Driver. TV, Timeshift and EPG working fine now.

But the remote doesn't work anymore. is there any known problem? Or what can I do to handle this?

Thanks,
Barthi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom