What happened to my SmartWi post? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

I recently made a post in this forum about the SmartWi smartcard splitter, but i can no longer find it. Has it been deleted?

If so, could someone tell me why? The whole point of that post was to point to a legal (albeit more costly) alternative to illegal cam emulation when setting up a dvb dual tuner system, so im moer than slightly surprised to see it deleted.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

it has not been deleted, but moved to a private forum, because it may have legal effects. The discussion if its moved back again is not done yet.

Sorry to confuse you. It is an interesting post. If we have discussed it, we will anounce our decision. :)

Stay tuned, again sorry for the confusion.

Flip.

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    FlipGer said:
    it has not been deleted, but moved to a private forum, because it may have legal effects. The discussion if its moved back again is not done yet.

Sorry to confuse you. It is an interesting post. If we have discussed it, we will anounce our decision. :)

Okay, may i suggest that you read through the product information and the reviews on their webpage in order to make an informed decision. The whole point of the product is that it doesnt circumvent the smartcard security, ie there is no way you use it to clone the card etc.

I also took notice that the product is directly advertised for use with commercial pay TV, so if there were legal concerns i would expected them to be shut down by now as they cant claim its meant for some other use like with normal cardread/writers.

I also posted a message on the smartwi forum asking them if they are aware of any legal concerns. I hope you will choose to allow my previous post. I understand that you are trying to protect MediaPortal against legal attacks but one should also take care to that one doesnt get too careful, lest the content providers become able to make things *look* illegal just by scaring people.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom