What have you done to Manual Recording (2 Viewers)

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    MediaPortal, what have you don to the Manual Recording :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    This is one of the features I use a lot in the country of EPG wars and braodcasters who don't stick to their published program times.
    And an option I use within MediaPortal by means of the remote control. (pvr scheduler and MPW are not good by remote control)

With the latest update I can only select start times for programs in 15 minute blocks, this is terrible. We and most likely many others need the 5 minute interval start time back. A 15 minute end time interval would be very welcome.

I don't care about the new "Quick" option, that can be in 15 minute interval, but the "Advanced" option needs to be more flexible - 5 minute interval or better.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I usually don't use this option, but I totally agree with what you are saying. I would like to see the items listed below.

I am in the guide and find a show I want to record. I hit the record button and I should be presented with some optoins.

Quality: High/med/low
    Pre Record 1/2/3/4/5/10/15 Minutes
    Post Record 1/2/3/4/5/10/15 Minutes
    Advanced record: The days you want this to record.

Lets say I find a show that is on at 5:00 every day. I find it on monday in the guide and hit record. My little select screen comes up. I can then choose what quality, pre-post record times, and what day I want this to record (M-F).

Done.

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    RTV made the following change:
    /MediaPortal MyTV
    On 23/06/2006 [00:14:53] rtv added the following change: added "quick scheduling" / changed steps to 15 minutes

My question to the Devs and or RTV is:
    Is it possible to have an option in the configuration program to set the step time. So that people who want it to be 5 minutes can change it to 5 minutes or change it to any time period you like.

This would also be nice to have for the recording time steps.

This would be much appreciated by me.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My question to the Devs and or RTV is:
    Is it possible to have an option in the configuration program to set the step time. So that people who want it to be 5 minutes can change it to 5 minutes or change it to any time period you like.
    ATM we are discussing if an option is needed - most likely I'll re-introduce the 5 min steps for the advanced mode.

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    And this is what I like about Team MediaPortal (our Devs), they take the time to look in to a request.

Which other software developer/company does that.

No matter what the outcome will be, thanks for listening.

urev

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 7, 2005
    Germany
    Hi!
    Would it be possible to enter the start and stop time direct via the 0-9 keys on the keyboard or the remote? This would be a much faster way than selecting values in a long ist.

And the second request: i like the possibility to change the pre and post recording times when I schedule a recording via EPG. But in very rare occasions I need a larger post recording time, 19 minutes is too low especially when you would like to record some live tv events. Perhaps you could increase the value range to one or two hours, perhaps in 5 or 10 minute steps.

Also I would like to thank you for your great work! Mediaportal is really cool.

bye, urev.

Waltz

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2004
    Kiel, Germany
    urev said:
    Would it be possible to enter the start and stop time direct via the 0-9 keys on the keyboard or the remote? This would be a much faster way than selecting values in a long ist.

I second that! :)

- Waltz

uninet

Portal Member
    April 25, 2005
    rtv,

Thank you for reconsidering the 5 minute option. I typically run manual recordings 5 minutes before and after the scheduled time period.

I also agree with ASiDiE's suggestion of advanced options:
    Quality: High/med/low
    Pre Record 1/2/3/4/5/10/15 Minutes
    Post Record 1/2/3/4/5/10/15 Minutes
    Advanced record: The days you want this to record.

I would like to recommend the ability to configure a default pre- and post- recording time and qualtiy, with an advanced option to override the defaults. MP could then be released with the current 15 minute default.

Thanks to the developers for listening to user feedback!

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Waltz said:
    urev said:

I second that! :)

- Waltz

I third that! :D As an old VRC, does....

Flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom