What is happennig with MePo/forum/support? (1 Viewer)

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi guys,

As you can see I have some mileage with MePo and I still find it one of the best additions to the household since starting to use it.

I have a strong impression that there was more buzz a few years ago but maybe it's just because MePo has matured quite a lot and/or the focus has shifted more to MePo2.
    Anyhow, the multitude of forum spam lately, posts with no replies and a lot less posts gives a signal that things seems to have changed.

As I already stated here that MePo is in my opinion the best mediacenter, I also tried other solutions and since about 1 year a Raspberry Pi with Openelec replaced a client, I still believe that this is the best all in one foundation for multimedia.
    On the other hand it seems like there is less 'you are either fan or hate MePo' (or any other HTPC app) which is a positive evolution.
    I can imagine though that quite some new users drop the towel and either try other solutions or stick with their legacy devices or these proprietary mediaplayers.

To be honest I'm a little concerned about that, again because of loving MePo that much.
    Just my 2 cents.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about.

• Spam: survival time is about 30 min, by which an admin deletes it
    • Posts with no replies: very few. looking at them indicates either extremely specific questions, to which at least I have no answer, or display a complete refuse to provide a minimum of information. Posts of the kind "Mepo is not working anymore" with no further info, i.e. no log, no sys spec and no explanation how to trigger the problem, have a certain likelihood to be ignored.
    • New users: on the contrary. Lots of effort to convince new adepts.
    • Less postings: logical with improved devlopment levels of software. MePo is just working better out of the box than it did two years ago.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom