What is needed to resolve "laggy" menus...? (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Country flag
    I don't understand why you need to uninstall the skin? :confused: Why not just switch skin in GUI? It takes less than a minute. For me, StreamedMP is very fast, and I'm on a very slow system, at least CPU-wise.

Emph

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

just to be shure; Did you try to increase the rollspeep? -> settings -> GUI -> rollspeed..

This setting is set on 50 by default.. Increase it to 100 makes a huge difference..

In my case it was the difference between slow and buggy and fast and smooth! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have asked a couple of times to have the default for that setting to be set disabled, but clearly it is not a problem for everyone and perhaps there are negative implications though I have never experienced any. I and a couple of others had this and reported it on the upgrade to MP 1.21 and there have been a handful of incidences...
    I have asked a couple of times to have the default for that setting to be set disabled, but clearly it is not a problem for...
    I'm having a strange one here ... it seems to have started after getting a new Sony 4k TV, and manifests itself by refusing to...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Help with TV setup DE
    I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch them there. I don't have NextPVR working yet so I don't get any TV guide or able to record. But it's closer than I've been before. I don't understand why HDhomerun can pick up my channels and MP picks them...
    I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch...
    I’ve looked around and this MediaPortal seems like the perfect thing for me. I just can’t seem to get it setup correctly...
    Replies
    Views
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Aside from its support for Live TV and Radio, it offers a complete media server for music, movies, and TV shows. Info is automatically downloaded from various sources to...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 DLNA status? DE
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't know the current state of the plugin though. That's why MP2 probably never will be certified. ;) Yes, that was also the idea, but it is a big job as all TV's, software etc. seems to not do everything...
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't...
    So I'm wondering what the state of play is with MP2 and DLNA functionality? When I started this post, I did see some posts...
    Replies
    Views
    Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had firewall issues with MP2, the client could not see the server unless I turned the firewall off on the server, all rules seemed present and correct, so I eventually uninstalled MP2 as I needed a working...
    Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had...
    I'm not quite sure what I've done, but somehow I seem to have broken our Mediaportal installation. I'm running it as a TV server...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom