What new features ? (1 Viewer)

pieroxy

Portal Pro
November 21, 2005
Paris, France
I can't help but realize how messy this organisation for new features is. I mean, people are debating ideas and discussing stuff but there is no clear winner in there. How appreciated would be a new feature is not clear, to say the least.

I had this idea of a small webpage that would collect all new feature requests, and where people could vote for a specific feat.

I was also thinking of implementing it. That is, if there is any interest for such a thing. But I really think having a nice table with features request categorised and qualified would be a nice-to-have.

Can any admin give me a go/nogo for this? Does it already exists? My idea was to do it on my website that we could maybe integrate through an iframe or so, since I am as skilled in PHP as I am in quantic physics.

Let me know.

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Ørsø, Dronninglund, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    pieroxy said:
    I can't help but realize how messy this organisation for new features is. I mean, people are debating ideas and discussing stuff but there is no clear winner in there. How appreciated would be a new feature is not clear, to say the least.

I had this idea of a small webpage that would collect all new feature requests, and where people could vote for a specific feat.

I was also thinking of implementing it. That is, if there is any interest for such a thing. But I really think having a nice table with features request categorised and qualified would be a nice-to-have.

Can any admin give me a go/nogo for this? Does it already exists? My idea was to do it on my website that we could maybe integrate through an iframe or so, since I am as skilled in PHP as I am in quantic physics.

Let me know.

Are you still considering this?

Contact me - and we'll discuss it.

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Ørsø, Dronninglund, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Khris said:
    I suggested something similar to this a couple months ago......nothing came of it! :(

Well it sounds like a good idea, currently I don't have the time - as I'm doing alot of different MP work....but hey i'll be ready to help with the general design of the thing....

"I should work like this...." etc.

Find a PHP developer(other than me) - and we can start.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Well,, in the early days of MP (July 2004) :)

the development team did it like this:

http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=658&highlight=poll+feature

#for 2-3 weeks they collected feature requests from the community in a new thread.
    # then it was strucutred like music, tv, setup etc.
    # after that a poll with 20? requests was set up and opened for some days.
    # after that the top voted feature was to be developed.

-> It seems to me, that this covers most of your intentions.
    -> it keeps you (LordMessi) to go through all the feature requests which are in part implemented, outdated, double, rubbish. Instead you will get a bunch of topical requests.
    -> the poll was never repeated, allthough this was the intention. You may ask Frodo, why this was not so successful to be repeated. But it might be time to do such an event again, also, with the poll you will get a weight for the requests. It will be fun for the forum, too.;)

tomtom

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom