• XP Home

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Win2000

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jcee

Portal Pro
November 23, 2004
Me and a friend of mine are wondering what would be the best selection.

As many pointed to XP Pro (over MCE, and rate MCE better than Home), I wonder whether the extra XP Pro stuff is really necessary. (Remember that other people stripp down XP (=>nlite) to get rid of unused services and things..

So what OS are you using?!
I tend to use Home as it is 60Euros cheaper here.

(A short expmanation of your reasons would be nice)

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You should add an Option for Windows XP Professional with MCE DLLs for dual Digital tuners.

I'd vote for that one.

I need XP pro because my HTPC sits on a domain. I know there are ways to hack MCE to join domains, but since I have xp pro and MP, I'm not about to drop the cash on MCE2005.

fathead

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    Roberdin said:
    Commodore 64 said:
    I need XP pro because my HTPC sits on a domain. I know there are ways to hack MCE to join domains, but since I have xp pro and MP, I'm not about to drop the cash on MCE2005.

You running a domain at home? How many PCs do you have?

I have 5 and also run my own domain.

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    fathead said:
    Roberdin said:
    Commodore 64 said:

You running a domain at home? How many PCs do you have?

I have 5 and also run my own domain.

I have 5 as well. I use my Domain Controller as a file server mainly. I don't know to much about active directory other than it works, my computers always see their shares, and I can easily add accounts and computers.

NLS

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    There is no vote for "other"....

I have three machines at home, one is my server with Win2003Srv SP1, the other two (one multimedia machine and the other the HEPC) using WinXP Pro, although I was thinking of using MCE2k5 for HEPC, I have second thoughts (seems with MCE there are things related to devices done in fact in a more restrictive way rather than easier).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom