[solved] WHAT REMOTE? ALSO, TV TUNER? (1 Viewer)

SDOTDS

March 1, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey guys/gals- Super new to this... Basically what i have set up is intel NUC, running Windows 7, dedicated HDMI line to my TV. I bought the windows Vista 1100 model (junk) I'm returning it to purchase another remote that i can just basically plug and play. What remotes would you suggest? I know I need RC6 but i can't seem to find any on amazon that list the remote a RC6.

Lastly- I want to run my comcast box through my Intel, To run through media portal.. So have my cable line run into my cable box then cable line run to this.. http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-119...8&qid=1425227449&sr=8-3&keywords=tv+tuner+usb ... Will I Have a problem with encryption? Or should this work?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome :)

Will I Have a problem with encryption?
    The analog outputs (component, composite, s-video) are not encrypted. However depending on cable provider and set top box, they may be disabled for certain channels (to prevent copying/recording).

Or should this work?
    You'll only know by trying.
    Make sure you install the Hauppauge SoftMCE package, available from Hauppauge's website (Windows Media Center tab):
    http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support_hvr950q.html

SDOTDS

March 1, 2015
    Home Country
    Yea thats what i figured. I would just have to try and go from there. Which ill do! Thanks for the reply! Any thoughts on my remote situation?

SDOTDS

March 1, 2015
    Home Country
    Yes i read that before i posted this, i don't really know much about intstalling those xml files. I really would need step by step instructions, lol. Not to savoy with Windows yet, just getting my feet wet with all of this. I figured rather then try to get someone to walk me through it, just swap it for one that requires less knowledge.. lol, lazy way out.. i know i know..[DOUBLEPOST=1425240045][/DOUBLEPOST]Yes that is the exact remote. btw

Sepulchre

Portal Pro
    July 17, 2010
    tbh I didn't have great success with remote controls until I found the 1100, if you follow the instructions in the post you can have it set up in 5 minutes. But maybe someone will come back with another option for you, maybe a Harmony?

SDOTDS

March 1, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks! So I'm following the instructions from that post.. Going to be a super dumb question, but how do i load the XML file that he posted.. I downloaded the zip, now I'm just trying to figure out how to load it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom