What tv tuner card (1 Viewer)

KA3EBE

May 16, 2009
oRLANDO fL. usa
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
:confused:I am new to MediaPotal and trying to get my pc setup, I guess the first thing I would like to find out is what is a good moderately priced tuner card, I am thinking PCI or PCI-E type I would like something that will be compatible with cable both digital and analog. I am now running WindowsXP pro and Windows 7. If you have had any experience with a card for MP that you could recommend I sure would appreciate the name, model and any comments you may have. :D

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    I have two - a hauppauge 1100 and a leadtek winfast dtv2000h. The hauppauge is a much better card. I cant really discern a picture quality difference but the channel change on the hauppauge is a lot faster. another advantage with hauppauge cards is that if you ever want to try a linux htpc solution they have long standing kernel support and are generally easy to set up and get running.

Re OS, I think you will find XP an easier prospect as W7 is not officially supported - there are some current issues that need to be addressed before it is.

KA3EBE

May 16, 2009
    oRLANDO fL. usa
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have two - a hauppauge 1100 and a leadtek winfast dtv2000h. The hauppauge is a much better card. I cant really discern a picture quality difference but the channel change on the hauppauge is a lot faster. another advantage with hauppauge cards is that if you ever want to try a linux htpc solution they have long standing kernel support and are generally easy to set up and get running.

Re OS, I think you will find XP an easier prospect as W7 is not officially supported - there are some current issues that need to be addressed before it is.
    Thanks for the info on the card, I have found a new hauppauge 1100 for 39.00 USD I asume this is a good price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom